Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We're Moving to MO!!


For the past month, Amy and I have been waiting in suspense. But it started a little earlier than that. In early March, out of the blue I received a facebook message from a friend I had only spoken to once since college. I had not seen him in nearly 9 years. He, Marty Winslow, is the headmaster of Ozark Christian Academy in West Plains, Missouri. He asked me if I was interested in teaching at a Classical Christian school, to which I responded "do you have any openings?" By God's providence, he did, and the last week end in March we drove the whole family up to West Plains for an interview.

So to make a long story short, I received notice at about 11 pm on Monday that the board had decided to hire me as a part of their team. We will be moving to West Plains in mid June and begin preparing to teach in the Fall semester.

And for those wondering about my progress in seminary, I am at thesis stage so all that is required of me is that I write my thesis. There is no residency requirement any longer. I hope to get as much as possible finished before the move and I will finish writing while living in Missouri.

Jerad.

No comments: